• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interim Dividend declaration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    I think I'll buy shares in SSE (they pay a nice dividend) just before the year end so that I own a percentage when they file their annual accounts. I'll expect to get a share of dividends as if I'd held it all year. Or something.

By the way, you said on your initial dividend that the company was in profit and the dividend was less than the profit at that point. To be pedantic, it should have been less than the after-tax profit, having deducted the corporation tax which would be due on the profit to date.
    I understand your point and at some level I knew that the original doubt was not making sense but still need to put out these kinda naive questions at times

Yes - I meant after-tax profit.

I understand that we need to follow usual process (vouchers/meeting MoM etc) for such advance(interim) dividends BUT do we submit/mention them anywhere else other than year company accounts under the Dividends ?

Comment

Originally posted by MissionPossible View Post
      I understand that we need to follow usual process (vouchers/meeting MoM etc) for such advance(interim) dividends BUT do we submit/mention them anywhere else other than year company accounts under the Dividends ?
      Yes. In the shareholders SATR.

Share transfers need to be registered with companies house as well.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
      X