• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR sent me a P91 after I left GIANT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR sent me a P91 after I left GIANT

I was with GIANT but finished with them and went limited this year. GIANT sent me a P45 but I noticed they had me on the wrong tax code from April 06, I was on 485L when I should of been 503L. I gave my P45 to my accountant. UPDATE : Now turns out they put the wrong leaving date on 2.5 weeks after I stopped using them.

Ive now recieved a P91 from IR asking me to detail all my jobs since October 2005, and state weekly salary. I read on the web that the IR will issue a P91 if they cant contact my previous employer being GIANT is this correct ? I would be pretty pived if GIANT werent being helpful but based on previous experience of them its pretty likely they werent, I had to go to the GIANT Managing Director to get my P45 sorted, after I was told 3 times it had been posted, but the date and time on env told a different story.

Anyway the form asks alot of questions about previous employments, where I was based etc which wont look , it also asks for my 'total weekly income'. Do they use this total weekly income figure for actual tax calculations ? Do I need to make sure I just divid my total sal / 52 ? Bit worried the P91 is the start of something more by the revenue, so pi**ed off though as it looks like it was GIANTS screw up that has initiated all this.

Will be interesting to see what happens come the MSC thing, I kept ALL communications with GIANT I had and there responses, makes interesting reading.

Or am I just being parnoid
    Last edited by MobileCheese; 23 December 2006, 09:27.

GIANT Got My P45 Totally Wrong

Turns out not only had GIANT used the incorrect tax code, they had also put the wrong leaving date on my P45 ! , I hadnt noticed this before. The leaving date was 2.5 weeks after I actually finished with them and ran into the same period I was paid through my limited, hence the generation of a P91.

Be warned anyone with GIANT who leaves them check your P45 very carefully, I now have to submit my P91 and answer lots of intrusive questions because of them back dated to 2005 things like where my client sites were, names and addresses, thanks GIANT your bunch of incompotent d*ck heads ! you CSM's should stick with playing with Lego rather than Adult things, they cant do much damage with Lego.

The only thing correct on the P45 was there address, my name and NI number ! muppets !!!!!
    Last edited by MobileCheese; 23 December 2006, 09:30.

Comment

Giant shouldn't have cocked up, but.... the P91 is a waste of space, it's a revenue fishing expedition 'cos you have fallen off thier radar - if you didn't fill it in, I doubt they would have chased you. You should have simply referred them to your Tax Return - if they are asking about Oct 2005 - it'll be in 2005/06 tax year and covered by the tax return.....

Comment

Originally posted by cailin dana
        Giant shouldn't have cocked up, but.... the P91 is a waste of space, it's a revenue fishing expedition 'cos you have fallen off thier radar - if you didn't fill it in, I doubt they would have chased you. You should have simply referred them to your Tax Return - if they are asking about Oct 2005 - it'll be in 2005/06 tax year and covered by the tax return.....
        Thats what Im going to do not fill it in, rang the IR and they said the same about getting the info from my Self Assessment

Merry xmas
        Last edited by MobileCheese; 24 December 2006, 16:00.

Comment

Is this post not libellous? I got censored for saying less about SJD.

Lets have some consistency please.
          my photos

Comment

Originally posted by monkeygeorge
            Is this post not libellous? I got censored for saying less about SJD.

Lets have some consistency please.
            Oh please. Your posts about bias are getting tired. You obviously have an agenda, and you're annoyed that your not being allowed to push it. Waaaahhhhh.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
            X