• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eaglecliff & Shell - Mandatory 3 week holiday

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcltd View Post
    Nothing you have said bears any relation to contract law.
    So what? You're inability to understand your employer's manager's behaviour has nothing to do with contract law. You said "...I do not understand why the manager told my employee not to work over the three weeks...". I've offered a possible explanation.

Relevant to what? Relevant to whom?
    Relevant to the purpose of this forum, and, more importantly, relevant to the vast majority of members of this forum.

Isn't it pretentious of you to assume that no one can relate to my post?
    Nope. Based on my experience of this forum, it a reasonable assumption for me to make. Isn't it over-weaning arrogance on your part to suggest that I'm being pretentious? Pretentious? Moi?

If you have a contract, you always have a choice. If the client is in breach of the contract you both signed, you have a choice.

The contract stipulates the terms under which it can be revoked or cancelled. Going on holiday is not a condition.
    None of this is false. But no-one ever is so stupid to actually post the full contract, all you'll ever get is comments, advice and opinion based on normal experience of being a contractor. What you singularly appear to fail to understand is that your situation is not the normal experience of those who contribute to this site. Because you didn't understand that, and regarded requests for detail as instrusive, and didn't provide relevant details, it took some time for the actual conditions to come out.

In doing so, though you get irritated when respect isn't shown you, you've shown little respect to the moderators and, again more importantly, little respect to the users of this forum.

I don't believe these comments are about the substance of my argument. They appear to be more about trying to save face.
    I'm an anonymous poster. I have no "face" to save. Furthermore, the majority of regular contributers to any forum dislike moderators, so it's kind of with the territory that we're thick skinned and don't give much of a toss what anyone else thinks. What you're encountering here is typical forum user behaviour. Argue anything to the nth degree.

OTOH, being a moderator, I can have the final word. Cojak was right. The thread should never have been re-opened. Have a lovely weekend.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 18 December 2018, 16:32.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
    X