• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Running multiple income streams through the company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running multiple income streams through the company

I am currently contracted with a client which is the main income stream for the company. Me and my spouse are both shareholders. If she was to start a photography business (or do something else, let's say supply teaching) - could she run her income through our company?

Thanks

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    I am currently contracted with a client which is the main income stream for the company. Me and my spouse are both shareholders. If she was to start a photography business (or do something else, let's say supply teaching) - could she run her income through our company?

Thanks
    No real reason why not, I do that with the limited income I make from Photography!

The only thing I would say though is that she might be better operating on her own if it was photography as it’s really a market where not charging VAT makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cmscotland View Post
      No real reason why not, I do that with the limited income I make from Photography!

The only thing I would say though is that she might be better operating on her own if it was photography as it’s really a market where not charging VAT makes a big difference.
      I see. But with supply teaching - she would most likely work with agencies so she could charge VAT to them?

Comment

Yeah legally you're fine to do this, though as suggested above where clients are very different, sometimes VAT can be a good reason to separate. Worth discussing with any teaching agencies, as I imagine many of their suppliers (ie the teachers) won't be VAT registered.

Comment

Having just gone through the BTL ringer when buying through the LtdCo, and the whole Special Purpose Vehicle thing which for most lenders is a requirement, is there any major thing to consider in reference to the SIC codes?

Not that I personally would give a damn and I would just invoice, but such is the passion of lenders to lend to a LtdCo with a SIC code dedicated to property and renting, I wonder just how far these things are policed?

Comment

Working...
          X