• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Closing down Ltd Co. - Pick-up leased through Ltd Co.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaza View Post
    Realistically, I think (1) is the only viable option. Although there is the 'nuclear' option; shutting down the business, paying HMRC all they are due, withdrawing all the cash from the bank and then telling the lease co the company has been dissolved and the vehicle is available for collection. The lease didn't require a personal guarantee so there wouldn't be an impact on me personally.
    I suspect that there would be an impact on you personally, it's just that you aren't aware of it yet.

Would it be worth the lease company attempting to transfer the debt from the dissolved company to the director (who has already spoken to them about changing the lease because the company is closing)? Possible.

Would it be classed as some kind of fraud / dishonesty that would affect your ability to be a director? Possible.

Is it worth the risk? Nah.
    I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
    X