• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you pay for your accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you pay for your accountant?

Don't need names of firms, or if you think it's good value, just the price you pay each month?

(Asking for a friend, I am not in deep enough to need a real one myself....yet)
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Local accountant: £138 (inc vat, per month), includes FreeAgent.

I know I could move elsewhere and save a few quid, but so far I'm happy with the service.

Comment

£960 per year incl VAT for payroll for up to 5 employees, CompHouse submittions and accounts and unlimited questions (not that I have many). I do FRS VAT.

Comment

£85+vat a month.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Nothing after IR35 comes into the private sector next year

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Drama queen!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Nothing - but then again I'm also a qualified accountant and my contractor books are very straightforward.

I do however realise that as I'm not actively practicing accountancy anymore I may not be totally up-to-date with the finer details of some situations so I am happy to pay the £55 p/h that a local practicing accountant I know well charges.

I also use XERO for day to day book-keeping (tried Free Agent and just didn't like it)

I realise my situation isn't the same as everyone else's but I thought I'd add it as even with a full set of CIMA quals behind me I realise I'm going to have to spend money sometimes to get sensible advice rather than just get angry when I don't get it for free off an internet forum

Comment

I'm pretty sure IR35 has always been applicable to the private sector anyway....

Just because the government tinkers with the definition doesn't make it any more or less likely that you'll be caught in an IR35 contract. It does mean those that "got away" without paying IR35 taxation levels on IR35 work won't be able to continue to "buck the system"

So what your post implies is that you are currently not applying the right taxation legislation to your turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by oilboil View Post
                  I'm pretty sure IR35 has always been applicable to the private sector anyway....

Just because the government tinkers with the definition doesn't make it any more or less likely that you'll be caught in an IR35 contract. It does mean those that "got away" without paying IR35 taxation levels on IR35 work won't be able to continue to "buck the system"

So what your post implies is that you are currently not applying the right taxation legislation to your turnover.
                  I work in banking current contracts assessed as outside IR35

I know for a fact at least 2 major banks will asses ALL contracts as inside if legislation comes into play as so risk adverse with no exceptions

Comment

I work in banking current contracts assessed as outside IR35

I know for a fact at least 2 major banks will asses ALL contracts as inside if legislation comes into play as so risk adverse with no exceptions
                    We saw those fears with PS bodies doing blanket assessments, and that went well

Comment

Working...
                    X