• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AccountingWeb any answers - use of home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. So one of the little WIBs still lives at home and works for me. Does that mean we can pull off £12 / week, since he's giving up part of HIS home, too? I'll slash the little tyke's salary by £4 / week and pay him rent!

Or does it have to be a spouse? Polygamy, here I come! Do Mormons accept you into their religion if you are only doing it to save tax?

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
      Wow. So one of the little WIBs still lives at home and works for me. Does that mean we can pull off £12 / week, since he's giving up part of HIS home, too? I'll slash the little tyke's salary by £4 / week and pay him rent!

Or does it have to be a spouse? Polygamy, here I come! Do Mormons accept you into their religion if you are only doing it to save tax?
      If they work for you and they work from home, you can pay them £4/week.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post

I once saw a sign that said 'Jesus saves'. Maybe the word 'tax' had fallen off the end? In which case fill yer boots. I'll look forwards to the polygamist divorce thread.

Comment

Originally posted by craigy1874 View Post
          That is a great way to decide on your accounts figures...not!

While we are at it, why not increase accountancy fees in the accounts, or insurance costs, as HMRC never question these costs for my clients either!

Seriously, that is some pretty bad advice you have been given there. How would you justify the increase to HMRC if they asked? Would you just quote the above line from your accountant?
          I have to say, every year when I saw he'd journalled that through, I would just reverse it as I thought it was an error. Shame I'm not personally VAT registered as an extra £100 off my VAT bill isn't be sniffed at

Comment

Working...
          X