• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Co's - Is there any legal requirement for an Accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Co's - Is there any legal requirement for an Accountant

I have just asked the IR35 Unit at HMRC is there is a requirement to have an accountant to file Ltd Co tax returns. The reply I got was it's best to contact my local tax office that had issued the Co tax return and find out from them what is acceptable. Can anyone please tell me if there is any legal requirement to have an accountant file the Ltd Co tax return or can it be done by an individual?
    Just Learning

Originally posted by Frankie
    I have just asked the IR35 Unit at HMRC is there is a requirement to have an accountant to file Ltd Co tax returns.

None - If you have the 'know how' you can D I Y! Although I think most would advise you get an accountant to review it as there are many add backs and deductions on the tax comp!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie
      I have just asked the IR35 Unit at HMRC is there is a requirement to have an accountant to file Ltd Co tax returns. The reply I got was it's best to contact my local tax office that had issued the Co tax return and find out from them what is acceptable. Can anyone please tell me if there is any legal requirement to have an accountant file the Ltd Co tax return or can it be done by an individual?
      No, there is no legal requirement to have an accountant file the Ltd Co tax return.

But why do you not have an accountant that will do this for you? Most of us do. It really is not worth taking the risk of getting it wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X