• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do you record mileage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pscont View Post
    I am based far away from my client and at the moment I do around 2800 miles per month.
    I keep a spreadsheet with traveled distances by day, in respect to the client.
    Is this enough? How do you do it?
    Do similar distances and this is how I do it for the last 8 years

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Yeah, which eejit would run a contractor accountancy with just a crappy spread sheet
      Not SJD they have a portal now

Comment

I am based far away from my client and at the moment I do around 2800 miles per month.
        I keep a spreadsheet with traveled distances by day, in respect to the client.
        Is this enough? How do you do it?
        Excel is fine for record keeping but ensure 10K miles are accumulated correctly for personal Financial year. In addition to recording miles, we advise clients to keep fuel receipts, Yearly MOT certs, Contracts as proofs in case HMRC wants to investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Yeah, which eejit would run a contractor accountancy with just a crappy spread sheet
          I manged successfully for thirty odd years

Comment

I used MileIQ
            Handy little app that records your travel. You can then swipe right if its a personal trip (doesnt get recorded) or swipe left for a business trip.
            Automatically works out your expense cost and provided a handy little print out detailing all of the journeys made in a month to present if needed.
            Once installed it also runs in the background automatically which was good for me as I often used to forget about recording the travel, this used to record all of them and then I just categorise them. The free version only lets you record 40 drives but its quite cheap (£5/month) so worth paying for the premium.

https://www.mileiq.com/

Comment

Nope, this is other role.
              I dont use FA, might be easier, but I dont fee like paying for it.
              Swap your business account to NatWest and you will get it for for free*

*Free in a Facebook/Cambridge Analyitca way
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
              X