• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bankruptcy / IR35 / 2019 LC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankruptcy / IR35 / 2019 LC

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help...........I will be going bankrupt in 2020 due to the loan charge (I have thought about this decision for a long time) and I want to draw a line under all of this, stop contracting and just get onto PAYE to stop all the worrying / stress. I'm currently contracting under a limited company and with all the recent IR35 cases I honestly do not know if I would be caught by IR35. I am sure all my contracts are watertight and my contracts have all been under 2 years but I appreciate that this may not make a difference if HMRC investigate. My plan is to continue contracting up until bankruptcy however what I don't want to happen is to go bankrupt for disguised remuneration then years down the line be investigated for IR35 and end up in another long drawn out battle. So I guess my question is if I go bankrupt could I be investigated and asked to pay any PAYE/NIC at a further date down the line? My other thinking was to ask HMRC to investigate me close to the bankruptcy date then if they find that my contracts are inside IR35 and if they demand additional TAX/NIC it would be a lot easier to include this in my bankruptcy.

Thanks in advance.

Insolvency

I'd suggest having a chat with Chris Parry at Fortis Insolvency as he's dealing with a number of similar cases. Link here

Comment

Working...
    X