• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling Ltd and Enterpreneurs' Relief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nucastle View Post
    On a 'PSL' as a (presumably) one man band Ltd company? So you leave, and the new owners are magically at the front of the queue for who/what exactly?

Sounds very fishy, and more like something that is used by one of the scheme providers in the sub forum this was originally posted in as a means of tax avoidance. Remember there are a number of unscrupulous companies using this model right now, so you couldn't have timed this more badly, with exactly the same line of reasoning as they are using to promote it.

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck .....
    I disagree. Look at it this way. MyCo cannot contract directly with my public client, and nor can I get on frameworks, compete in mini-tenders etc. There would be a real value to being able to do this. Smae for a private sector PSL.

It could of course be a scheme, but if the OP is genuinely looking to sell to someone who is genuinely looking to contract with the client on whose PSL the OP's Ltd is, it seems legit enough,

Comment

Originally posted by georgeg View Post
      Hi,

Of course the right professionals will get involved on this. All I was after was a shortcut in my research.

Thanknyou all for your input.

Regards,
      G.
      George

Without trying to teach Granny to suck eggs...

If the largest tangible asset that your Company has is its "Cash at Bank" (PSL is a non-tangible and has no "value"), then take your selling price, less the net asset value of your Company, less this amount of cash and see whether you like the answer?

Why this equation? Well, they will effectively be using your Company's own cash to buy your issued Shares. Due diligence on the part of your Accountant would have highlighted this, to you.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
      X