• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clearsky, Parasol, SJD & Nixon Williams (Optionis) For Sale at £300m !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
    Looks like the announcement has been released about First Freelance

Link
    First Freelance customers - expect the same level of service as those clients who used to use SJD...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I guess this perhaps isn't that weird...but just to check my understanding, this means at the same time as trying to sell the whole combined business, they're still buying up further smaller businesses to merge in?

Comment

I must say I have never heard of First Freelance and First Umbrella in the contracting world.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
          I guess this perhaps isn't that weird...but just to check my understanding, this means at the same time as trying to sell the whole combined business, they're still buying up further smaller businesses to merge in?
          Just for the numbers at the top end I assume.

The higher the client base the more opportunities for "Monetising clients" for new investors, plus the turnover goes up and they can say to potential buyers "...and that EBITDA is without any integration / efficiencies / further massive reductions in service levels"

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            First Freelance customers - expect the same level of service as those clients who used to use SJD...
            Are Nixon Williams starting to pick up any flak ? I've been happily tootling along in year 2 back in contracting and they've been OK so far but I have noticed the Point of Contact has changed quite a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              Are Nixon Williams starting to pick up any flak ? I've been happily tootling along in year 2 back in contracting and they've been OK so far but I have noticed the Point of Contact has changed quite a few times.
              I’ve heard that they’re losing clients now, similar to SJD, they’ve also lost many of their experienced staff, not many left that were there when it was sold in 2014.
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Been with NW for nearly 4 years and have definitely seen a change in the level of service in the last 6 months. New accountant(s) and delay in answering queries.
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by churchillsnip View Post
                  Replace 'accountancy practice' with 'IT consultancy' and the above still holds true Chris.

I wouldn't expect you to share your trade secrets on here, though that process could make interesting reading for those on the forum that are interested in the indie consultancy route.

Interestingly, SJD are the 10th largest insolvency practice in the country according to this league table (which only looks at certain types of insolvencies). that means that if many contractors do leave the contractor market, there is a short term boom coming their way.
                  FYI - I checked out the No.1 on that list (due diligence and all that - a colleague of MrC had used a company that they'd bought out), and they were more than twice the price of MVL Online.

Just sayin'.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                    I’ve heard that they’re losing clients now, similar to SJD, they’ve also lost many of their experienced staff, not many left that were there when it was sold in 2014.
                    NXW is a sinking ship. Lost experienced staff and clients are leaving in droves.

Comment

Working...
                    X