• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendations for EU/UK self assessment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant recommendations for EU/UK self assessment

My accountant (Nixon Williams) have just told me they are unable to help with my tax return as it involved working on a Dutch payroll for 4-5 months of the 16/17 tax year.

With the deadline fast approaching, can anyone recommend a decent accountant that wont skin me alive, who knows how to handle a SA with this complexity (hopefully not much - i have all the payslips and whatnot).

Cheers.

Not great form for a company with a tax centre of excellence.

They managed to mess mine up and it was a simple return so maybe you’ve had a lucky escape

Can’t help you on the foreign tax return though. Could be struggling this close to the deadline I’d imagine!

Comment

Was it simply a Dutch employment? I can’t see why they are incapable of supporting this. It’s literally a ten minute job. Unless I’m missing something.

Comment

Can’t understand why NW can’t do this for you, they recently launched their “tax centre of excellence” and surely as part of a huge group there is someone who can handle this?
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Me neither.

Given I have all the pay slips, showing all the gross and net figures with all the deductions in english, you'd think it would be a case of adding/removing up some numbers and sticking them on a form.

They even wanted 270 quid off me to process the form if I was a non-dom, which meant they could disregard anything complex.

Bit of a poor show to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            Was it simply a Dutch employment? I can’t see why they are incapable of supporting this. It’s literally a ten minute job. Unless I’m missing something.
            Yep, a perfectly all above board Dutch Payroll. Dutch Social Security number, registration at city hall, the whole nine yards. Can't see what is so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by nucastle View Post
              Yep, a perfectly all above board Dutch Payroll. Dutch Social Security number, registration at city hall, the whole nine yards. Can't see what is so hard.
              It’s not hard. They are being difficult or your account manager isn’t very good.

Comment

That's the problem sometimes with contractor only accountants...

Comment

Credit where credit is due, Dynamo have stepped in and I'm already in the process of being helped out by Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew@HillierHopkins View Post
                    It’s not hard. They are being difficult or your account manager isn’t very good.
                    Or both.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X