• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor... please heeelp!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice story Bro.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by hoezap View Post
      I also have quite a good saving as well, could I move some money into my company account for the 1st year in case i do not do much income Thank you very much again for your Support
      Do not do this. Live off of your savings by all means, and pay yourself a small/no salary, until you get a feel for how much is coming in. You will have few business expenses, so there should be no reason to add money to the business account.
      World's Best Martini

Comment

I also have quite a good saving as well, could I move some money into my company account for the 1st year in case i do not do much income Thank you very much again for your Support
        You really need to either get an accountant or go umbrella. You’re asking questions that betray a level of understanding that could cause you problems if you attempt to DIY it.

Comment

Thank you very much for your support

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
          Do not do this. Live off of your savings by all means, and pay yourself a small/no salary, until you get a feel for how much is coming in. You will have few business expenses, so there should be no reason to add money to the business account.
          I really like your suggestion thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
            You really need to either get an accountant or go umbrella. You’re asking questions that betray a level of understanding that could cause you problems if you attempt to DIY it.
            I called the agency and they referred me to their consultancy company called Brookson One, and they made me a quote based on my salary regarding an umbrella and Ltd

Do you know Brookson One?

Thank you very much again for your support

Comment

Accountants

I called the agency and they referred me to their consultancy company called Brookson One, and they made me a quote based on my salary regarding an umbrella and Ltd

Do you know Brookson One?

Thank you very much again for your support
              I'm sure we've all come across Brooksons in one shape or form. Were you quoted £180 per month for fees?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
                I'm sure we've all come across Brooksons in one shape or form. Were you quoted £180 per month for fees?
                Are you suggesting perhaps Darren you could get better value for money elsewhere....?
                P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

QDOS do it for alot less. And you get insurance.

Others have their own recommendations. However, I have the most number of posts. The most amount of rep. And the most number of thanks and likes.

Comment

Accountants

Originally posted by simondolan View Post
                    Are you suggesting perhaps Darren you could get better value for money elsewhere....?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      QDOS do it for alot less. And you get insurance.

Others have their own recommendations. However, I have the most number of posts. The most amount of rep. And the most number of thanks and likes.
                      Don't be humble. You also know words. You have the best words.

Comment

Working...
                      X