• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Legal advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal advice please

Imagine the situation where someone is harrassed by HMRC causing pschological issues. Two psychiatrists write to HMRC asking them not to harrass him. They agree to do so verbally. They do so again. So he gets a written letter from HMRC saying they will not harrass him. He then gets a court order stopping HMRC harrassing him. HMRC then break that court order.

I have written proof.

What legal recourse do I have?

PS this is a rhetorical question......

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Imagine the situation where someone is harrassed by HMRC causing pschological issues. Two psychiatrists write to HMRC asking them not to harrass him. They agree to do so verbally. They do so again. So he gets a written letter from HMRC saying they will not harrass him. He then gets a court order stopping HMRC harrassing him. HMRC then break that court order.

I have written proof.

What legal recourse do I have?

PS this is a rhetorical question......

Have you spoken to the police force of the tax office involved referencing the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 ? See Harassment Law - Protection From Harassment
    I doubt it will make any difference but it would give them something awkward to deal with..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you have a court order and it has been breached, then you should contact the court which issued it. This is not a legal action between you and HMRC, it is up to the court to hold HMRC to account.

The court order is just that - the court orders HMRC to desist from harassing you. If they breach it, the court could find the individual who contacted you and the senior officers within the organisation to be in contempt and fine them.

Comment

Might be worth a punt.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          One known as "targeted malice" occurs when a public officer intentionally abuses their position with the motive of inflicting damage upon the claimant.

would be an interesting attack on HMRC in the longer term. I suspect however malice is a very expensive civil litigation.

Harrasment attached to the court order would be a cheaper starting point as asking the police to enforce a court order regarding harrasment is something that they really should deal with.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            Misfeasance in public office : NTRT have total proof that HMRC lied to parliament. However, they dropped the case, as they did it with the best of intentions!

Reminds me of when I got a letter from social services saying they were happy to break the law(giving me access to my kids) as the law was hard to implement!

All they had to do ask my ex-wife where I was. Of course CSA asked her and she happily gave told them.

My ex-wife says she was told that SS hate guys like me. They just took her word and I had no input.

Total stitch up.

Comment

Working...
            X