• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halifax Bank Account Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halifax Bank Account Offer

Halifax have some large adverts in their branch stating that if they can't beat your current business bank account they'll give you a cheque for £500.

Although in the small print it does say that it's only valid if you're paying a tarrif on your existing bank account.

turbo

Spam, and your real name is Howard
    Plan A is located just about here.
    If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Cheeky Monkey!

I guess it's almost

But thought that it might help some of the people on this board that actually pay for their banking.

turbo
      Last edited by turbo; 30 November 2006, 14:29.

Comment

Pay for their banking? The very idea sends shivers up and down my spine. My bank manager pays me for the privilege of watching my balance grow.

Unfortunately, he pays in bananas, but you can't have everything
        Plan A is located just about here.
        If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Halifax are cr*p,

Comment

I dont pay for banking and I doubt that I ever will.

Comment

HBOS is a nightmare if it goes wrong. My business account got hacked - internally I happen to believe, and the hassles are still going on 3 months later. They forced me to open a new account - and changed account type. We are still discussing this - but will leave them within the next 6 months as it stands. Everything is dealt with in Scotland - and any queries you have on their 24hour line the response is "I have to refer that to the business managers" - who only work 9-5. They don't ring back either.

Comment

Carter Allen?

Originally posted by dmini
                HBOS is a nightmare if it goes wrong. My business account got hacked - internally I happen to believe, and the hassles are still going on 3 months later. They forced me to open a new account - and changed account type. We are still discussing this - but will leave them within the next 6 months as it stands. Everything is dealt with in Scotland - and any queries you have on their 24hour line the response is "I have to refer that to the business managers" - who only work 9-5. They don't ring back either.
                I'd suggest Carter Allen - I've only been with them for a short period. Although in that time, I've made a couple of phone calls and have always spoken to someone that know's what they're doing without having to go through any automated call system!

turbo

Comment

Working...
                X