• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

IR35 - public sector - vote Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by Joolsey86 View Post
    I know full well who was custodian when the law was first introduced (Brown).

    However the only way we can get some form of QA on HMRCs plans is for the Conservative party to feel 1.5 million of us won’t ever vote for them again.
    Hallelujah, I thought I was the only one with this idea!

    Only difference is I suggest we make it clear any party that does not publicly come out saying this should be stopped will not get our votes. (See my thread about getting political backing.) Labour & Libdems are all backing going after normal contractors so there is no difference. What will concentrate minds is if we instead of not voting, rather vote for a smaller party that see our side, as a block vote. In my opinion, that is the only way we will get HMRC to back off.

    But the problem is, contractors are not sheep, that is our downfall. We are divided on how to solve this problem and divided are being destroyed to HMmafia's pleasure.

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by HMRC made Atlas Shrug View Post
      But the problem is, contractors are not sheep, that is our downfall. We are divided on how to solve this problem and divided are being destroyed to HMmafia's pleasure.
      And for some of us, there are far more important issues to form the basis for our vote - housing, Brexit, the environment, austerity would all come far ahead on my priority list than a self-interested perspective on the extent of IR35.

      Comment


        #23
        Originally posted by HMRC made Atlas Shrug View Post
        Hallelujah, I thought I was the only one with this idea!

        Only difference is I suggest we make it clear any party that does not publicly come out saying this should be stopped will not get our votes. (See my thread about getting political backing.) Labour & Libdems are all backing going after normal contractors so there is no difference. What will concentrate minds is if we instead of not voting, rather vote for a smaller party that see our side, as a block vote. In my opinion, that is the only way we will get HMRC to back off.

        But the problem is, contractors are not sheep, that is our downfall. We are divided on how to solve this problem and divided are being destroyed to HMmafia's pleasure.
        Sheep?

        That's not the problem. The problem is the delusion that you two are under that Corbyn would be better. At least psychocandy would be able to explain about the easiest ways to sign off if Labour got in.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

        Comment


          #24
          Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Sheep?

          That's not the problem. The problem is the delusion that you two are under that Corbyn would be better. At least psychocandy would be able to explain about the easiest ways to sign off if Labour got in.
          Don't you mean sign on?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Don't you mean sign on?
            Yes, with all these celebrity deaths, it was just wishful thinking.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

            Comment

            Working...
            X