• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Delayed contract start due to incompetence of on-boarders - who foots the bill?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've refused to sign contract amendments before. In my case the agent knew I had informed the client of their behaviour so said nothing each time I told them I wasn't signing their bulltulip.
    Of course, it depends what the amendment is, so not saying this would automatically be a bad thing in the eyes of the client. In this case it's moving the start date back 1 day when he hadn't even started yet. It would sound incredibly petulant to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Obviously you would like the on boarding company to pay, but you can't bill them. The problem is that your contact is with the agency, so you need to bill the agency, and get them to bill the client. No harm in requesting reimbursement from the agency.
      And whether the agency will do that depends on their contract with the on-boarding company.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        And whether the agency will do that depends on their contract with the on-boarding company.
        Well the agency won't be able to bill the on-boarding company either, they would bill the client, and that aint going to happen.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I refused to sign until onboarding checks completed. Mostly due to HireRite being totally incompetent.

Its a business risk. If you can't accept it, become a permie. Though often onboarding for a permie is no easier : and often more difficult.

Comment

Working...
          X