• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sporadic dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I don't think a recorded board meeting is required anymore, just an agreement between shareholders, which can be verbal or silent if as only shareholder you don't want to be seen talking to yourself.
    I have the template.

99% of the time it says the same thing.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I have the template.

99% of the time it says the same thing.
      freeagent generates the paperwork when you declare a dividend, so no need for a separate template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        ditto.
        Although now I have appointed Mrs. L. as a director we're going to have a board meeting this evening in an Italian restaurant
        Make sure the bill is less than £100 for P11D purposes

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          freeagent generates the paperwork when you declare a dividend, so no need for a separate template.
          It's paperwork is less than ideal for multiple shareholders though - it makes it seem like a single dividend split between shareholders is actually multiple dividends based on the wording of the minutes (which it generates for each dividend payment) and the vouchers.

What I do to make it absolutely clear that I'm declaring a single dividend is to use FreeAgent journals - create a single journal set showing the dividend entries and payment to the respective loan accounts with the appropriate splits (it still generates the dividend paperwork when you do this) - and then reconcile the bank payments as payments from the appropriate loan account.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            What I do to make it absolutely clear that I'm declaring a single dividend is to use FreeAgent journals - create a single journal set showing the dividend entries and payment to the respective loan accounts with the appropriate splits (it still generates the dividend paperwork when you do this) - and then reconcile the bank payments as payments from the appropriate loan account.
            I'm now doing the same for record keeping purposes (not least because I paid a divi on 31st March after generating my first invoice but before the company being paid)

Comment

Working...
            X