• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XMAS party allowance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am an accountant!

There is no journal entry. It was moved from one company bank account to another.

Comment

Originally posted by THEPUMA
      I am an accountant!
      Didn't know we had turf accountants on here! Sounds a bit of a gambler to me!
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Variation on a theme.....

To get back to the original topic.......!!

I am Director of MyCo and my OH is Secretary. By what's been said, I am the only one eligible since she doesn't get paid by MyCo. However, I am allowed to take a guest. Bottom line: I can claim £300.

Now if MyCo wants to join forces with another Co and have a combined Xmas party is it possible to contribute to a party with another Co? For example can I pay for something towards that party so long as I get a receipt and it is below £300?

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't bother to try and save £57 (£300 @ 19%)....
          Quite an assumption there. It's a little bit more than that if you don't pay dividends and do pay 40% income tax.

Comment

Provided that all staff in yourco are invited, it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who else is there.
            Plan A is located just about here.
            If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Do all the simple things right; avoid IR35, pay both yourself and your spouse £97 pw salary and £2488 pcm divi (assuming the spouse has no income and you can afford to live on £6K pcm), accumulate the balance in the company and pay it out as a capital liquidation after 2 years. Pay for your childcare through the company and put your mobile in the company's name. Claim your travel and subsistence home to work (assuming it qualifies).

This will save £10,000's. Forget about £57.
              And then sit back and await IR to clobber you for 6 years back tax when the rules change

Comment

Working...
              X