• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commercial Property Purchase through SIPP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial Property Purchase through SIPP

Does anyone on here have any real life experience of any of the SIPPs on the market that allow commercial property purchase ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Buy IUKP ETF and you will have simple exposure to commercial property in UK.

Comment

No experience but I was looking at the modular iSIPP product from James Hay Partnership. It's got modules which allows you to invest in different things above and beyond the basics. One of those is commercial property.

https://www.jameshay.co.uk/modular-i...lar-isipp-inv/

It's a bit of a faff to get detailed information but have a look at the literature section below and pick the Commercial Property section further down.

https://www.jameshay.co.uk/informati...nv/literature/

I decided to not go down this route and stick to a fairly standard provider so can't comment any further than the links. My IFA deals with these guys so if you want their contact details I can PM them.

EDIT : Forgot to add... you ******* ******er.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What benefits investing into physical property? - it is illiquid. You could invest in one of many fund designed to invest into property.

Comment

Thanks chaps. Don't want to invest in funds based on commercial property. I actually want to use it to buy commercial property to be rented then sold off in 10 years or so.

Comment

SSAS

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Thanks chaps. Don't want to invest in funds based on commercial property. I actually want to use it to buy commercial property to be rented then sold off in 10 years or so.
            Another option worth considering is a SSAS pension (Small Self Administered Scheme). SSAS often have more flexibility than SIPPs and can be used to buy commercial property.

Comment

Just taking a look at this now and was going to speak to a broker.

You made any progress TM?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Variation on the same theme

https://bealers.com/2011/09/03/buyin...ith-a-pension/

I was toying with that idea so I could run a bigger flock of rare breeds but since Karens illness we are going to sell our small holding and retire earlier

I agree with the above comment a SSAS may be a better vehicle

SSAS Practitioner.com :: Buying Propery & Leasing Back
                Last edited by DallasDad; 16 May 2017, 19:43.
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Just taking a look at this now and was going to speak to a broker.

You made any progress TM?
                  Not really. Spent a bit of time fannying around reading the conditions for the SIPPs that claim to allow it, but ended up getting sick to death of trying to make sense of the rules/restrictions/caveats etc. Should really speak to an IFA but don't really like any that I've met so far TBH. I've never yet found anyone on any forum that actually has experience of doing this, despite it seeming (on the surface) like a simple and sensible thing to do.

I kinda only wanted to do it to save paying rent to a landlord for a premises I'm currently leasing, but the numbers are so small its probably not worth the wear and tear on my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
                    Variation on the same theme

https://bealers.com/2011/09/03/buyin...ith-a-pension/

I was toying with that idea so I could run a bigger flock of rare breeds but since Karens illness we are going to sell our small holding and retire earlier

I agree with the above comment a SSAS may be a better vehicle

SSAS Practitioner.com :: Buying Propery & Leasing Back
                    I read that back when I was looking at this before. Most of the info online is about cases like this with additional borrowing. All I want to do is transfer money into a SASS from a SIPP and buy a business premises with it, and pay the rent back into the SASS, selling the premises when I'm finished with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X