• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child support tribunal & umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Little - you forget that Mal has to make a comment on anything and everything for the sake of it even when its utterly unhelpful....

as I said, its worth going in with a short explanation as to how you work so that the tribunal can see what is actually going on rather than being told incorrect information based on invalid assumptions....
    ^^This^^

and make sure you turn up. As stated earlier the father in the case you linked didn't offer much in evidence of expenses or turning up to explain.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks

I've already sent in a detailed written submission to the tribunal giving the background to IT industry and how freelance consulting works, together with what I believe to be a comprehensive rebuttal of that UTT decision.

I'll also certainly be attending the hearing in person.

Comment

Have had family experience of this rubbish the one very important thing is you MUST attend if you don't everything is lost (I know you say you are but believe me they just chuck it out if you are not there in person) this is the voice of experience.
        They will award against you in the hardest terms even if you are not ready they will postpone if you are not there.

Comment

Oops .... sorry meant to say they WILL NOT postpone if you are not there the finding will go against you

Comment

Working...
          X