• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Warning to all! SCAM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning to all! SCAM

I've just received a "final notice" from an organization calling itself the "Data Protection Agency" telling me to pay them £135 for registration to the Data Protection Act. It is clearly a scam as it is unsigned, and intended to look official.

If anyone wants to send any post to them, E.g. something my your baby or dog may have produced, then the address is

Data Protection Enforcement Agency
    PO Box 1098
    Blackpool
    FY1 2WS

No name given (surprisingly enough)

135 quid!!!!!

It use to be 95.

They must be catching less suckers so have to charge more to the people who are stupid enough to fall for it.

(and there was me thinking the original amount was chosen because it was likely to be at the cheque signing level of the junior office underling)

tim

Comment

Whatever you do, don't send back hundreds of replies with no stamp.

Comment

Why not?

Comment

cos they will know it was you.

tim

Comment

The pot calling the kettle black in this case.

Comment

Working...
            X