• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Email spoofing to cause trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email spoofing to cause trouble

************ received the unsigned email below. The email quotes an extract from text on our website - hopefully the rest is obvious. Luckily I checked with AlternetUK to see if any of their people had sent it before going for their jugular.

I wonder if anyone would like to hazard a guess to who the spoofer might be?

I have my own idea on this

Subject: We have no personal experience of using an umbrella service
    Date: Mon, April 19, 2004 9:22 am
    To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Companies that pay unreceipted claims for hotels etc. under the pretext of a
    "dispensation" with the Inland Revenue are leaving you open to investigation and
    penalties for making bogus expense claims.

don't coment on what you are not qualified so speak on.

dispensations that allow for per diems are lawful

got the headers ?

do you have the mail headers - may show something up - whats the source ip ?

Comment

Re: got the headers ?

There is only one person here whose spelling and grammar is piss poor, but who manages consistently to use and spell correctly per diem.

Comment

Re: got the headers ?

Yes that's what I thought.

Reckon they've banned him along with most everything else and he's a little frustrated.

Email headers have no useful info I'm afraid. Could make a guess at the IP from our visitor log but it would only be a guess based on date and time coinciding with post.

Comment

Working...
        X