• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SIPP - Monthly & lump sum investment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    WHS.

I pay a lump sum every month into HL SIPP. The reason is the regular payment is a direct debit and with my payment dates varying I don't want them helping themselves to my account at the wrong time, or having the hassle of trying to cancel or vary the DD.

The thing I really wished I'd known is that they make me fill out a FORM and write a CHEQUE!!! Nice online system for making personal payments, but for a company contribution HL are still in the stone age.
    VectraMan, give HL a call, they sent a PDF to me detailing the steps to take to make a BACS / Faster Payments transfer as a company contribution. The steps are simple:
    1. Send an email to sippcontributions at hl.co.uk detailing the amount, client number of the SIPP and stating that it is an employer SIPP contribution.
    2. Arrange the payment to the HL account.

It's much easier than sending cheques.

Comment

I use charles stanley for my platform. This covers both my stocks & shares ISA as well as my SIPP. The charges are reasonable in my opinion. Currently dropping in about 12k a year to my SIPP and using Vanguard retirement strategy fund. Lazy passive investor

Comment

Working...
      X