• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

100% Fines for Banks and Accountants that Help Tax Avoiders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Fines for Banks and Accountants that Help Tax Avoiders

I apologise if this has been done before but it's a new one on me.

(From today's Times - paywall & app wont even let me post a link)

Banks and accountancy firms that help businesses to avoid tax will be hit with massive fines for the first time under proposals set out by the treasury.
    Looking at the detail, it seems to be only targeting avoidance schemes at present. But "helping business to avoid tax" - that statement seems to indictate a potentially broader remit.

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
    I apologise if this has been done before but it's a new one on me.

(From today's Times - paywall & app wont even let me post a link)

Looking at the detail, it seems to be only targeting avoidance schemes at present. But "helping business to avoid tax" - that statement seems to indictate a potentially broader remit.

jamesbrown posted links here

It appears to refer to schemes that are subsequently found to be illegal. If it prevents organisers dreaming up and promoting schemes whilst bearing no risk then it sounds like a good move. Now they'll need to believe their own spiel.

Comment

In related news, 100% of Tax Advisors might want to consider a career change, lest they're happy to be debased to "glorified clerk" status.
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Published here

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...n_document.pdf

Comment

Working...
        X