• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension automatic enrolment for ltd co with 1 director and 1 employee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension automatic enrolment for ltd co with 1 director and 1 employee

Hello

I'm the director of ltd co, and my base PAYE is 9k per year, plus dividends from profits.
    Also we have one employee on a contract of employment.

According to this link, I think that maybe we don't need to auto-enrol our employee? Could anyone share their experience please. I have opened an account with the free pension provider NEST (govt backed).

Cheers, Rich
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 30 August 2021, 14:29.

Is your employee also a director?

If not, from the SJD link, you would appear to need to auto enroll your employee.

"If your company does not employ any staff members then your company will not have any pension auto enrolment duties, as long as you meet one of the following criteria:

You are the sole company director with no other members of staff
    Your company has multiple directors, but none have a contract of employment
    Your company has multiple directors, but only one has a contract of employment
    Your company has stopped trading
    Your company has gone into liquidation
    Your company has been dissolved"

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
      Is your employee also a director?

If not, from the SJD link, you would appear to need to auto enroll your employee.

"If your company does not employ any staff members then your company will not have any pension auto enrolment duties, as long as you meet one of the following criteria:

You are the sole company director with no other members of staff
      Your company has multiple directors, but none have a contract of employment
      Your company has multiple directors, but only one has a contract of employment
      Your company has stopped trading
      Your company has gone into liquidation
      Your company has been dissolved"
      Hi, you're right, maybe i misunderstood SJD

Employee is not also a director. just regular PAYE employee.

So looks like I need a NEST pension scheme.. but only need to enrol the one employee?

Comment

Working...
      X