• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

final pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

final pay

Sorry if it's a bit off-topic.

When I moved to contracting about 6 months ago, I left my last permie position. They still own me my last wage. There was some issues with my work laptop and then I didn't show much interest either, but now is the situation where it has been overdue for almost 6 months and they still mess around with that.

Do you know if there's a default interest rate on late wage payments? There's none declared in my contract but I were wondering if there is some defined directly in law.

Regards,
    Marco

No,

You really should have taken action on this problem sooner. The easiest way to get this money is to raise a claim at an ET. You are now out of time for this.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
      No,

You really should have taken action on this problem sooner. The easiest way to get this money is to raise a claim at an ET. You are now out of time for this.

tim
      thanks tim.

Like you said, it's too late for ET, as claims to ET can only be raised within 3 months.

But my employer actually sent me payslip for final wage, where they stated they must pay me £XXX and this is payable on 27. may.. no cash hit my account on 27th May or after that. So I think I have good grounds to make a claim in court.

Comment

If they haven't adhered to the terms of your contract you can take it to small claims court anyway for £120. Best option is to get in contact with them and find out what's going on, they may have just messed up and will pay the second you let them know.

Comment

Working...
        X