• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I will never use Gorilla Accounting.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I will never use Gorilla Accounting.

Simply because I will never use any company that sends me sales spiel letters without my permission. They all go in the bin.

I don't care how cheap they are (not particularly cheap) nor do I care how good your service is.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 19 May 2020, 12:20.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Simply because I will never use any company that sends me sales spiel letters without my permission. They all go in the bin.

I don't care how cheap they are (not particularly cheap) nor do I care how good your service is. I am not interested in your company because you deliberately trawl companies house records looking to "proactively" poach business away from other accountants.

So for the avoidance of any doubt, Tim Murphy and his business at Gorilla Accountants, I will not be using you and I really would like you to shove your spam mail where the monkey shoves its nuts.
    You actually used a company called "Gorilla Accounting" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
      No, he's saying he's had unsolicited mailings from them which he finds an objectionable practice. Since the letters mention CUK (I've had one too) and there's at least a couple of people who post on here that have said they've moved to them he's sending a message back.

I happen to agree with Mr Bloggs if they think mailing me will get them my business they're sadly mistaken, in fact I'd tell them to poke it if they get in touch by another medium.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        No I haven't, I see your point, same difference. I think the message is clear and I obviously won't be the only person getting the spam.

Comment

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

No I haven't, I see your point, same difference. I think the message is clear and I obviously won't be the only person getting the spam.
            Got it, whoever thinks Gorilla is a good name for a business not directly related to Gorillas is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              No, he's saying he's had unsolicited mailings from them which he finds an objectionable practice. Since the letters mention CUK (I've had one too) and there's at least a couple of people who post on here that have said they've moved to them he's sending a message back.

I happen to agree with Mr Bloggs if they think mailing me will get them my business they're sadly mistaken, in fact I'd tell them to poke it if they get in touch by another medium.
              Thank you, eloquently put. You too then.

Comment

I had some lovely letters from various 3rd parties withing a week or so of setting up my Ltd
                Several were related to financing equipment purchases, farm machinery mainly at very good rates.
                I had one offering very local serviced offices which I did go and view they were very nicely appointed indeed very tempted

I have not been spammed by Gorilla myself and probably won't be as they are my chosen accountants.
                I do get stuff from Qdos and Intouch although I may have ticked a box for them somewhere

Oh but the one that hacks me off the most is all the spam from Saga being of a certain age and all that!
                So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Yes, I'm repeatedly having loans pushed at me. Straight to the bin along with the other stuff.

Comment

I don't care how cheap they are (not particularly cheap) nor do I care how good your service is. I am not interested in your company because you deliberately trawl companies house records looking to "proactively" poach business away from other accountants.

So for the avoidance of any doubt, Tim Murphy and his business at Gorilla Accounting, I will not be using you and I really would like you to shove your spam mail where the monkey shoves its nuts.
                    Not sure why you are so worked up. They are new and trying to get established in the market. The big boys bribe agencies to get clients, I've heard figures of £500 per client and I'd bet that neither the accountant or the agency declare this to the client. Personally not sure why this is not banned by the Bribery Act, I think it is but is currently being ignored by the authorities.

Gorilla and others are simply sending you a letter explaining their services, they seem upfront and I doubt they will send lots of letters as it wouldn't be worth it for them.

At least they are presenting you with a choice, I'd rather have this than be the subject to some secret deal between an accountant and an agency. I very much doubt agencies do any realistic vetting other than finding out who will pay them the most cash.

Gorilla have clearly ruffled a few feathers with some of the complacent accountancy outfits, if they upped their game and provided a great service then they wouldn't have anything to worry about.

I am not a Gorilla client by the way.
                    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Working...
                    X