• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lost P45

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost P45

To cut a long story short Im just moving from an umberalla to my own ltd. The umberalla sent out the P45 but it went to wrong address and it was sent back to sender and is now its lost. P45 cant be re-issued.

I know I can filll in a P46, but do I need to as I know my tax code ? If I need to fill in the P46 does that mean I go on emergency tax straight away and how long will that take to sort out, plus will I have sort it out as Im the employer through my ltd.

Originally posted by Ivor1
    To cut a long story short Im just moving from an umberalla to my own ltd. The umberalla sent out the P45 but it went to wrong address and it was sent back to sender and is now its lost. P45 cant be re-issued.

I know I can filll in a P46, but do I need to as I know my tax code ? If I need to fill in the P46 does that mean I go on emergency tax straight away and how long will that take to sort out, plus will I have sort it out as Im the employer through my ltd.
    The tax office will know your tax code you could phone and ask however I'm pretty sure that they will refuse to tell you over the phone.

Fill out the P46 I wouldnt expect that you will be on emergency tax for more than a month or at least in my experiance I have not been on emergency tax for that long.

Comment

I know my tax code though, do I still need a p45, suppose I do for when I issue a P60, or does the P60 only cover the employer at the time or all employers if you have had more than 1 in a year.

Comment

I was on emergency tax for the last 6 months of 05/06. So in other words, it never got sorted out despite filling in a P46 when it started. I had to wait until this August to get the refund.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Great

And it was all the fecking VAT mans fault, he decided I changed my address from 33 to 35 even though I hadnt, combine this with a post man who doesnt read the address, I ended having all my post addressed to my correct address posted next door, the old dear didnt have a clue and returned to sender, my VAT certificate, P45 and new cash card pin were all returned to sender
          Last edited by Ivor1; 24 October 2006, 22:19.

Comment

Working...
          X