• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract?

Hello,

What constitues a contract? For my current role I have just recieved a piece of paper saying that I am paid x per day and my notice period is Z days the agencies is z days, place of work is y etc.

Does this give me any less rights than a contract which I assumed would be a long winded version of the above as the agency are dragging thier feet about giving me a contract as they are chasing a ref from my old employer who is a bit grumpy that I left and refusing to hand one out.
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 11 December 2013, 20:48.

"Rights" are for permies. Contracts don't have to be complex you know. Sometimes just a purchase order is suffiicient.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      "Rights" are for permies. Contracts don't have to be complex you know. Sometimes just a purchase order is suffiicient.
      Thats what I thought. I was just wondering if there was any chance that they could say "you dont have a contract" we're not going to pay you for the weeks work I have done already.

As long as I can hold them to this letter thats good enough for me (assuming that they pay me).

Comment

You might be better off with just the letter. The contract will be a load of terms and conditions about how you work, and restrictions (not go direct for 6 months etc.)
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

No court in this land would allow for services rendered to go unpaid in a situtaion such as yours should a claim be needed. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Working...
          X