• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IOM vs UK company?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordCharles View Post
    I thank you all for your replies. Much appreciated.

This advice was given to me by one of the top firms and would set me back $xx,xxx a year.
    I am not domiciled in the UK since my father is not British. Their advice was for me to work
    as a "consultant" for the IOM company and get paid a fee to an offshore bank account.

If not, I could keep all the profits in the company and then don't cash out until I leave the UK
    and move to a tax haven. I am going to use this strategy regardless. At least that one will work?
    Then I advise you not to use this username when HMRC come knocking to bend you (but not your tax advisor) over a barrel.

Because we WILL point and laugh at you.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Please post back in a couple of years from HM prison.
      Ofcourse the mods are happy to provide this thread to HMRC as evidence you were deliberately trying to avoid tax
      We don't need to be happy - this is a public forum which HMRC read regularly and CUK has already been quoted in the tax courts m'lud.

I believe BolshieBastard's name was even mentioned.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        We don't need to be happy - this is a public forum which HMRC read regularly and CUK has already been quoted in the tax courts m'lud.

I believe BolshieBastard's name was even mentioned.
        They may need IP addresses

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I believe ************'s name was even mentioned.
          Its a great pity as quite a lot of what is posted on CUK is nonsense. But HMRC can submit what they want it seems.

And please don't swear.....

Comment

They may need IP addresses
            No. HMRC can do what they want....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              No. HMRC can do what they want....
              Probably they have hacked into this forum already anyway and we're all on their watch list

Comment

Probably they have hacked into this forum already anyway and we're all on their watch list
                I don't think they are clever enough. They are bullies.

Comment

Working...
                X