• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

jsagroup as accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jsagroup as accountants

Hi,

What are peoples thoughts and experiences of using JSAGroup as an accountant?

Thanks,

Chris

I've used them before - they were sh!t.

They screwed up virtually every single calculation they did for me - even very simple things like payslips. They also employ people who don't speak English as a first language, so it takes painful, extended telephone conversations to explain to them how to correct their mistakes when they do screw up.

I would avoid JSA if I were you.

Comment

Always here to help!

Comment

Accountants

Comment

Hi

You know what? I've been with JSAGroup Accountants since about 2000 and for years I've wanted to move but I've been soooo lazy and lax about it. They generally do get things a bit wrong now and again and I can never understand the telephone conversations sometimes. Mind you, they probably can't understand me either!

I was to understand they were good and worked with the HMRC and so you were less likely to be targeted or hassled by Hector. But may be that isn't true...

A friend of mine moved accountants and one year he got pinged by the IR35 squad. But because his accountant was based down the other end of the country from him - it was too much hassle for them to pursue an investigation as they could not get permission to travel down to see the accountant and the local tax office told the investigators to do their own work as they had too much of their own.

How easy is it to move accountants?

Is it best to have an accountant in a different county to your own?

Am I best off waiting until a year end or just fly off to another?

And who's the latest 'hot' accountants to be with?

thanks in advance...

Comment

Working...
          X