• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving from umbrella to Ltd Co.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from umbrella to Ltd Co.

Hi,

Appologies if youve seen this in 'General', I put it there by mistake.

I've been with an umbrella co. for 4 years & its been fine. I'm looking to branch out into selling products on the net but to keep contracting as a day job. A limited company seems the obvious way to go but I fall into the IR35 trap. I'm currently PAYE & paying employers NHI but can offset business expenses against tax. I'm not clear about the differences between limited co. vs umbrella co. regarding tax burden i.e. will I be any worse off ?

Is it better to setup a limited co. then transfer my contract to it or do I keep with the umbrella co. & maybe go ltd co/sole trader for the product business ? Does anyone have experience of this kind of situation ?

Thanks in advance
    Dave Bryan

Working...
X