• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract - Daily Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    Scroll up, that's not the case.
    Only because "family members of the employer living in the employer’s home" - which doesn't make any sense to me. The employer is a limited company, so by it's very nature cannot have any family.

Company directors are exempt from the NMW because they aren't employees.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Only because "family members of the employer living in the employer’s home" - which doesn't make any sense to me. The employer is a limited company, so by it's very nature cannot have any family.

Interesting, my understanding was that even a director who was an employee would be exempt from NMW..
      If it ever becomes an issue that I have to know about I'll ask the accountant!

Edit, just had a quick look, unless the director has entered into a contract with the company NMW doesn't apply... So really the issue then is determining at what point you are deemed to have a contract with yourCo written or otherwise..

Anyway, think I've hijacked the thread enough, thanks for responses - given me some stuff to look up
      Last edited by Snarf; 25 January 2016, 17:22.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

What about redundancy pay offs?

Is there some silly loophole where I can employ one of my kids, have them do some work for me then dismiss them with a compromise agreement to get money out of the company without paying anything other than the payoff? The little parasite might be of some use after all
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

Is there some silly loophole where I can employ one of my kids, have them do some work for me then dismiss them with a compromise agreement to get money out of the company without paying anything other than the payoff? The little parasite might be of some use after all
          Well they would have to work for you for two years to be eligible. What's more likely is you'll not do it right, kids will take you to an employment tribunal and take you for every penny you've got, war chest and all. Little bastards.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 25 January 2016, 18:42.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

If your kid threatened to do you for age, religious or sex* discrimination then they don't need to work for you for two years and it can be just be over you insulting them. Just make sure they have evidence of the discrimination. Probably help if some outside body was involved as well and they had to move out of home.

*Sex discrimination includes a wide range of things.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
            X