• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting or Umberralla

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£150PD won't keep a Honda CRV in petrol.

(it also won't keep an A4 3L Allroad in tyres, but that's another story)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      At £150 PD, would you not be better off going perm?
      Only if you get perm roles

Comment

Originally posted by vik845 View Post
        Only if you get perm roles
        Fair enough, good luck with it
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Have you seen what First Line Service Desk roles pay nowadays???
          Should I ask PC?
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by vik845 View Post
            I have done contracting before for 6 -7 months and my contract is outside ir35 checked with my accountant. I have heard that contractors will ending up paying more dividends from TAX period 2016/17 compared to 2015/16. will I still be better of contracting through ltd company?

Thanks
            As others have said, on that kind of rate it won't make a massive amount of difference - do you mind me asking what the role is??
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Simple comparison.

150 pd with a reputable umbrella (e.g. lisa) should produce something like:

150 x 260 = 39,000 gross = 37,500 after fees = salary of 34k (+3572 ers ni) = 26,207 net

Outside IR35 and max dividend route (next year with the new higher dividend taxes assuming accountancy costs of 1500 same as umbrella costs then:-

37,500 - 10,000 salary = 27,500 less CT = 22000 dividend tax = 1200 dividend tax 500 er's and ee's ni on salary yields approx 30,300. So a decent bit ahead on the outside ir35 case. but if doing it for less than a year then costs still likely to be 1500.

Obviously you won't work 260 days in a year but it is just intended to show a reasonable relative comparison.

Comment

Working...
              X