• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats the point...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the point...

of having your contract state payment is done weekly by invoice (with signed timesheet) if agents are going to turn around and say they havent had anything come through from the client for payment to be made!!!

FFS! GRRRRRR I say! :rollin

Mailman

Or.....

Trying to explain to them why you have billed the client more than 7 days for a week.....when they class a day as only 7.5 hours.

:lol

Comment

Well it seems the agents are now seeing things my way...back to weekly invoicing and timesheets instead of doing it they way they originally wanted to do it (monthly and only after payment received from client!).

Must have been the friendly reminder to them to actually read the contract they sent me! :rollin

Mailman

Comment

Thought that was the supposed benefit of agencies, prompt payment, regardless of how long the client's accounts dept. takes. I am still waiting for payment from a March invoice from my very occasional client. I always get it in the end but they make you work for it.

PS Ta for reminding me. I had almost forgotten about it.

Comment

My fee is a flat 10% Xog

Mailman

Comment

Ha!

A new agency to me doing exactly the same - changing payment schedules half way through a contract, evading late payment charges, querying each invoice to delay payment etc.

Makes you want to weep really doesn't it?!:evil

Comment

Working...
            X