• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Tax Calculator

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Tax Calculator

Apologies if this has been asked before - I'm sure it has, I just cant find it.

Ive been looking for a personal tax calculator that will take wages and dividends, personal allowance etc into account so that I can verify what I have worked out Ill be owe by the end of the year so I can do a bit of planning before april.

Basically for various reasons I've needed to take quite a bit out of myCo this year I've worked out that I've pushed myself into the higher tax band and I'm owe about 3-4k in income tax but I'd like something the help me to verify this, and to make it quicker to work out in the future.

Is anyone aware of anything that will do this?

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before - I'm sure it has, I just cant find it.

Ive been looking for a personal tax calculator that will take wages and dividends, personal allowance etc into account so that I can verify what I have worked out Ill be owe by the end of the year so I can do a bit of planning before april.

Basically for various reasons I've needed to take quite a bit out of myCo this year I've worked out that I've pushed myself into the higher tax band and I'm owe about 3-4k in income tax but I'd like something the help me to verify this, and to make it quicker to work out in the future.

Is anyone aware of anything that will do this?
    There are many, but here's an example:

https://www.nixonwilliams.com/dividend_calculator.asp

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      There are many, but here's an example:

https://www.nixonwilliams.com/dividend_calculator.asp
      Not quite what I was looking for but close enough!

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
        Not quite what I was looking for but close enough!

Thanks!
        Also, bear in mind that you may need to make payments on account for the next tax year, so you should plan for that or request that they are reduced/eliminated if you're certain that you won't have a similar or larger income next year.

Comment

A good way of dealing with it can be to bung the numbers into a dummy tax return in your sa account and not submit it.

obviously it will be using last years rates.

Comment

Working...
          X