• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am i really inside Ir35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also check that the agency contract doesn't stop you from going direct, considering you found the role it shouldn't but they can be sneaky buggers! I had that when I was forced to use an agency despite finding a direct role a while back, told them to shove their exclusivity clause (and the opt out for that matter)!

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman1979 View Post
      What are my chances of getting out of this IR35 zone if I go direct to client?
      Slim. Very slim from your description of being in the same role.

However it is not impossible. If you agree terms which genuinely provide you with the opportunity to profit or loss then your chance are much improved. Obviously this would be a radically different arrangement to that which you currently have.

e.g. fixed price pieces of work would help. Not a silver bullet by any means but much more defendable.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyman1979 View Post
        What are my chances of getting out of this IR35 zone if I go direct to client?
        I'm doing this. After a lot of thought I decided I couldn't justify not paying up even though the chances of being caught are slim. It's still worth doing and WFH offsets a lot of the money I lose vs. a different outside IR35 contract and having to commute, plus I haven't wasted any money on contract reviews or QDOS/IPSE or accountants.

The old Business Entity Test (which in theory isn't used any more) says pretty explicitly that if you worked for the same client as an employee in the last year and the role isn't significantly different (a change of location doesn't count as different otherwise I'd get out of it on WFH) then you lose a bunch of points. Fixed price work would probably get you out of it IMO as an employee would never work that way.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X