• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Mortgage Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spartan87 View Post
    Hi All

We have recently been offered a first time buyer mortgage from Halifax on a new build (after months of hurdles and 11 months build days). My partner and I are both on the mortgage. She has fulltime job and I acquired the mortgage with a 6 month contract as I am a contractor.

We are likely to be pushed to exchange contracts in January but completion is currently late May 2016.

Because of all the delays, the 6 month contract that I provided as proof of income is coming to an end. Do I need to let the bank know this and get another asap?
    Dont want to exchange then be met with checks that could risk the mortgage fallijg through.

Has anyone been in a similar position and if so I'd welcome any feedback. It's very difficult to find any information as all guides and forums are those with full time jobs.

Halifax has the right to ask to see the contract renewal at exchange, whilst they don't often do this they can. They will be aware of the end date of your current contract, they would of checked at application. They are also aware that renewals don't happen sometimes until the last week, I would advise getting something lined up or something, to put your mind at ease, from your current client to confirm that your contract will be extended

Comment

Working...
    X