• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

selecting an accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Does Urko work there too?
    Do I need to ask my accountant?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Do I need to ask my accountant?
      Planet of the Apes - wasn't Urko a Gorilla?

Comment

They're based in Bolton, Churchgate opposite Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe.

Now if you're from Bolton, you're either Carrs or Ye Olde Pastie, I'm Carrs through and through....

Pastie Wars....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          They're based in Bolton, Churchgate opposite Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe.

Now if you're from Bolton, you're either Carrs or Ye Olde Pastie, I'm Carrs through and through....

Pastie Wars....
          So is Chris Evans...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...am-moment.html

Comment

*bump*

I'm thinking of going with Gorilla at the moment. Just going to sort out my SA, then will be moving. Mr NLUK - how has your experience been so far?

I've not had much need to contact my accountant, but I do need year end accounts and all the PAYE filing, so I'm looking for something cheaper than SJD (who I've not been particularly happy with).

Comment

Originally posted by tpsman View Post
              *bump*

I'm thinking of going with Gorilla at the moment. Just going to sort out my SA, then will be moving. Mr NLUK - how has your experience been so far?

I've not had much need to contact my accountant, but I do need year end accounts and all the PAYE filing, so I'm looking for something cheaper than SJD (who I've not been particularly happy with).
              I'm also with gorilla and find them to be spot on - good price, freeagent (included) let's me have as much control as I want (else you can just email the accountant to do something for you) - they check through everything quarterly by default around VAT submission time so you know you're not making any silly mistakes with the software - and always respond to emails same day (albeit sometimes to say "I'll sort that out for you tomorrow")

suggest you mention my username when you sign up, NLUK is rich enough as it is

Comment

I'm with Contratax Ltd (Martin) who posted above

Top class service and guy. I use Freeagent with them.

Price wise they I found them extremely competitive, and I spoke to a few accountants when looking to move (including others off here) I'd definitely give him a call and have a chat

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                  I'm also with gorilla and find them to be spot on - good price, freeagent (included) let's me have as much control as I want (else you can just email the accountant to do something for you) - they check through everything quarterly by default around VAT submission time so you know you're not making any silly mistakes with the software - and always respond to emails same day (albeit sometimes to say "I'll sort that out for you tomorrow")

suggest you mention my username when you sign up, NLUK is rich enough as it is
                  This ^ Very happy with the service. I don't get commission so feel free to mention pr1 or the CUK forums when joining.

Comment

Speak to Michael @ Bright Ideas Accountancy. They include FreeAgent in the package and so far (since setting up Ltd) have been first class.

ps tell them I sent you over

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      This ^ Very happy with the service. I don't get commission so feel free to mention pr1 or the CUK forums when joining.
                      Another vote for Gorilla here.
                      Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Working...
                      X