• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I make someone I dont know as director of my ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you on FRS?

Comment

Originally posted by billpay View Post
      Please provide constructive feedback
      What happens at the end of the contract?

Personally, I'd be pushing the agency to drop their "you must be a director" line.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        What happens at the end of the contract?

Personally, I'd be pushing the agency to drop their "you must be a director" line.
        sure , will try that

Comment

Originally posted by billpay View Post
          all your list is applicable if I make my friend as employee, but I will do this

I will start a new company with 100% share with me and I am director and my frend is director
          Contract between agency and this ltd company and money paid into ltd company bank account
          I will issue a sub contract between new ltd company to his own ltd company
          He will raise invoice to me and I will pay him accordingly

He would probably know my margin but that is ok

If anyone knows any issues please let me know, dont just say it is not right or no one would do. I spoke to two accountants and both said this is fine

Please provide constructive feedback
          So, you will have a second LTD, which will mean a second business bank account, a second accountant (or at least an arrangement with your existing accountant to do both of your LTDs), more effort to raise invoices, a second set of expenses, a second VAT return, a second CT submission, a second payroll. For what, £40/£50 a day?

Personally, I would just recommend him for the gig and get him to buy you a pint to say thanks.

Comment

You will also have to report the subbies details as part of the new reporting regs.

Also check about VAT registration when companies are connected - can't remember the details, but there are some restrictions.

Comment

If he's a director and you are a director, you could end up in a deadlock in board meetings.

You can appoint me as a director, too. I'll only charge £5K a year as a non-exec director, and make sure you always win the votes. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                You will also have to report the subbies details as part of the new reporting regs.

Also check about VAT registration when companies are connected - can't remember the details, but there are some restrictions.
                thanks and noted

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  If he's a director and you are a director, you could end up in a deadlock in board meetings.

You can appoint me as a director, too. I'll only charge £5K a year as a non-exec director, and make sure you always win the votes. Trust me.
                  thanks and not noted

Comment

Working...
                  X