• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional Indemnity insurance cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional Indemnity insurance cover

As a matter of interest, how much are you people paying for your PI Cover? What is a decent price for, say, a £1m cover?

Thanks

Rebecca

Admin note: professional indemnity insurance and public liability insurance available here :-)
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 13 October 2011, 14:32.

Check this link out for an online quote
    Our Contractor Insurances provider

Comment

I've never had any forms of insurance, theorising that nobody will sue you if there is no decent amount of money on offer. This is how everybody I know deals with this issue but it may not the best approach these days !? I guess it is possible that the likes of EDS or similar could pursue you as a Director of your Ltd Co if you were involved in a @#%$ up and they were looking to shift the blame. I'm sure it wouldn't be worth their while financially but as a political exercise on a big contract for them maybe ?

Comment

£245 pa...

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

If the thick stuff really hits the fan and legal action looks likely, why not close the old ltd and start a new one? Provided you have signed the contracts as an employee of the ltd you should be okay.

Comment

I think they can pursue you as a Director of the Ltd Co in theory but even if they got your house off you I doubt it would be worth their while. I very much doubt it would be feasible for them to blame you ( and win in court ) for some s/w disaster caused by a piece of code they had failed to test properly !

Comment

actually here it's more a case of the agency demanding I get it.

Comment

I think they can pursue you as a Director of the Ltd Co in theory but even if they got your house off you I doubt it would be worth their while
                  Probably I'm being naive, but I thought the purpose of a ltd was that you aren't liable if it all goes pear shaped?

Comment

actually here it's more a case of the agency demanding I get it.
                    Damn telcom clients! Try working in government; they don't know such schemes even exist. Government really is a fantastic place to perfect the noble art of blagging.

Comment

Working...
                    X