• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recovering funds from Bona Vacantia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some info. here about discretionary grants, which apply when administrative restoration is not an option. This sounds like the cheapest/simplest route to me, but there's no route that won't cost you something. Consider it a **** ** tax.

Comment

Got most of the money back!

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      True.
      At least you had the guts to come on and discuss, it may help others make the right decision, in the future.
      Thought I'd let people know, in case anyone else is in the same situation, it is worth making the claim as I got my money back minus the legal fees of £350... so £750 back. Still lost 350 but doesn't feel quite so bad as £1000!

Comment

Working...
      X