• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella 'Allowable' Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella 'Allowable' Expenses

I am currently using an Umbrella company and happened to check out Parasol's web site.

Parasol's 'allowable expenses' document differs a little to what my current umbrella allow me to claim.

One example is subsistence - I currently claim £10 a day but Parasol says I can only claim £5.

But the big one (for me) is this: I rent a place to live during the week while I work and claim this back. Parasol say I must have a tenancy agreement which states the property is only available for rent on week days and not weekend. Like most tenancy agreements mine does not! (How many landlords do you know rent decent accommodation out just for weekdays?).

So are Parasol being overly keen with their contractors expenses, or, by claiming my accommodation expense for the last 12 months should I expect a visit from you know who?

Where are the official IR stipulations for this? Cheers.

Working...
X