• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TekSystems (Allegis Group] - Beware!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I'm with TEK, had issues before but this one is A1, good rate, local, none of the above tulip, and the agent seems genuinely keen on being nice, visiting, paying for lunch, almost to the point of being a bit annoying but that's preferable to the ignore button I've had with Hay's etc...

Like 1990's/2000's again!
    Funnily enough, all that is what I've got from all agencies and am happy you're ok with them.

The point Im making is TEKSystems unrelenting pushing and pushing for contact names before being submitted for a role including asking about 'contacts' at the client where I was working at the time. I can honestly say Ive never experienced that level of pushing for named contacts before. Yeah, Ive had the 'is so and so still there' but TEK just went in to utter overdrive. And it wasnt one person either.

Whenever they phone now, I just tell them Im in contract for the next 3 months even when Im not.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by whattheheck View Post
      I apologise for my first post ever here being a warning to navigation, but I have come across something very odd, and I do not think the agency [TekSystems aka Allegis Group] can demand this information. Upon offering a 8 week contract, they proceeded with the paperwork and it seemed OK at first, but then I was sent an OLC E-Questionnaire, which among apparently legitimate questions, included the following:

=> Are you the sole Director of the OLC? If no, provide the full list of all director and their relationship with the OLC

=> Do you own 100% of the shares in the OLC. If no, list all other shareholders, specifying their names % of shares they own and their relationship to you and your OLC

=> Please confirm if you receive dividends and if so, when are you planning to receive dividends

=> Are you the sole worked in the OLC. If no, please list details of all other workers in your OLC

=> Please confirm that you will notify TekSystems [Allegis Group] of ANY changes to ANY of the above

=> Please provide details of ANY accountants and ANY Legal Advisors. Please ensure you include their full names, postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses

=> To what extent does the OLC receive the services from an Accountant? Please details what those services are

=> Please confirm that you do NOT (and at no point will...) instruct your Accountant to make any forward payments into any account other than the one specified in this Questionnaire

Needless to say that the Agency promptly received an assertive email back from me to let them know the Questionnaire is being declined and sent over for assessment before any information is provided to TekSystems.

The first and foremost point I wish to make about this is that a Ltd Company is regulated primarily by the UK Companies Act 2006, the Insolvency Act 1986, the UK Corporate Governance Code, and any European Union Directives.

Although the new requirements to provide certain info such as NI number and such are legitimate, this is not a "carte blanche" to feed more info than agencies are lawfully entitled to demand.

And I should add that for an agency apparently so keen on making sure the Ltd Company is legally compliant, TekSystems does not seem to care to put the contractor in blatant breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

In 30 years in the business world, I have never come across one Ltd Co willing to pass private and sensitive info at the request and demand of another Ltd Co. Ever!

As far as I can tell, TekSystems [Allegis Group] are not entitled to the above information and may be acting unlawfully, although at this point in time, I am unable to say for sure if they are.

Finally, I think it is rather "fishy" that the said OLC E-questionnaire is built in a way so that it is not possible to copy its contents or save it. I was able to save a copy of the entire thing by taking shots screen-by-screen, in order to send its contents for assessment. A copy was also sent to my local MP in the House of Commons for good measure, because I really do NOT like being taken for granted or offered a bad "ride" I did not ask for. I always act in good faith and dislike being treated intrusively beyond what is reasonable.

Anyway, I just wanted to alert other contractors for this.

Regards
      Have you ever managed to reason with them and resolve the challenges?
      Also has anyone been asked to remove other directors from your LTD company which seems to be a new (ludicrous)requirement?

Comment

Originally posted by Robe View Post
        Have you ever managed to reason with them and resolve the challenges?
        Also has anyone been asked to remove other directors from your LTD company which seems to be a new (ludicrous)requirement?
        Why should they interfere with the structure of my company? It's absolutely NONE of there business.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Surely the answer to......

=> Please confirm if you receive dividends and if so, when are you planning to receive dividends
          is....

"I may receive dividends as and when the board of directors vote that it's appropriate and the company is sufficiently profitable, and after any taxes/creditors have been paid."

They're just checking that you're not a tax evader, and also that you're not a competitor.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I'm not sure why this thread has suddenly jumped back into life but I was with Tek a few years ago and I'm with them now. On neither occasion did I have to answer these kinds of questions.

They seem a perfectly professional bunch to me.
            "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
              I'm not sure why this thread has suddenly jumped back into life but I was with Tek a few years ago and I'm with them now. On neither occasion did I have to answer these kinds of questions.

They seem a perfectly professional bunch to me.
              At a guess, Robe has had the directorship of MyCo questioned by TEK.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm in conversations with them ATM. Was put forward by a mate and they called me to discuss the role. They did ask about sole directorship and 100% share ownership, which is public information anyway. I haven't seen any of the BS about accountants details as yet. A timely bump - forwarned and all

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  I'm in conversations with them ATM. Was put forward by a mate and they called me to discuss the role. They did ask about sole directorship and 100% share ownership, which is public information anyway. I haven't seen any of the BS about accountants details as yet. A timely bump - forwarned and all
                  I know a couple of agents that came from the Aston Carter side, for 5-6 years or so, both of them total gents and straight up.
                  I have worked with these guys plenty of times, both as a candidate and a recruiter, worked out great.

Unusual, I know
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Direct them to this site - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/

I actually tell loads of agents to look it up at Companies House. Most of them seem unaware they can do this.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I apologise for my first post ever here being a warning to navigation, but I have come across something very odd, and I do not think the agency [TekSystems aka Allegis Group] can demand this information. Upon offering a 8 week contract, they proceeded with the paperwork and it seemed OK at first, but then I was sent an OLC E-Questionnaire, which among apparently legitimate questions, included the following:
                      I've never quite understood alls this focus on and demand for "own limited company". Why would it matter who owns the company? What should matter is whether the company exists and who has the right to sign on behalf of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X