• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting to have regrets joining Clearsky Accounting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a local accountant, I pop in to see him when I want. Core fees are £100 a month, then a bit extra for payroll and VAT submissions. Probably £1500 total a year. There are cheaper alternatives, but I Iike supporting a local accountant, and access is good.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

How is it £294 a month when the dearest package is £184 + VAT a month?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        How is it £294 a month when the dearest package is £184 + VAT a month?
        No for Clearsky the most expensive package is £245 per month plus £49 VAT.

Comment

you're "paying £290 per month" but so far you've had the first four months free?

have you paid them anything yet?

I know it shouldn't be the case, but you're probably on the lower end of priority until you've actually started paying them something

either way, that monthly fee is far too much

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
            you're "paying £290 per month" but so far you've had the first four months free?

have you paid them anything yet?

I know it shouldn't be the case, but you're probably on the lower end of priority until you've actually started paying them something

either way, that monthly fee is far too much
            If you read what I have said initially, there special offer was first 3 months free. That doesnt mean treat me like tulip until I start paying. Getting everything in place is the crucial part and if that goes tits up then why stay to even start paying the monthly price?? Is it standard practice to charge even though I haven't started trading? What would they charge me for exactly?
            Last edited by Debz; 6 August 2015, 07:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Debz View Post
              If you read what I have said initially, there special offer was first 3 months free. That doesnt mean treat me like tulip until I start paying. Getting everything in place is the crucial part and if that goes tits up then why stay to even start paying the monthly price??
              I think my point is that a lot of people reading this (including me) thought you were throwing nearly £300 down a drain, it's no excuse for them, but the reality is you haven't paid them anything yet, so get out now (you don't even have any losses to cut)

Is it standard practice to charge even though I haven't started trading? What would they charge me for exactly?
              Yes, who do you think is paying the wages of the people responding to your questions before you start trading? Or do you expect advice to be free just because you aren't trading yet?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                I think my point is that a lot of people reading this (including me) thought you were throwing nearly £300 down a drain, it's no excuse for them, but the reality is you haven't paid them anything yet, so get out now (you don't even have any losses to cut)

Yes, who do you think is paying the wages of the people responding to your questions before you start trading? Or do you expect advice to be free just because you aren't trading yet?
                The whole point of the post wasn't even about the cost, I wouldnt have gone for the package if I couldnt afford it. I just wanted a full service until I get to grips with what Im doing. I don't expect advice to be free, but if they have offered 3 months free then that shouldn't compromise the quality of the service at all. It's not about whats free and what price it is its all about the service. I was happy with the price because I thought I was going to get a bespoke service but the reality is proving to be different.

Comment

No for Clearsky the most expensive package is £245 per month plus £49 VAT.
                  Blimey, what a rip off, can't wait for a Clearsky shill to join this thread and attempt to defend that....

NW gives you 95% of the top Clearsky package for a third of the price.

Comment

The whole point of the post wasn't even about the cost, I wouldnt have gone for the package if I couldnt afford it. I just wanted a full service until I get to grips with what Im doing. I don't expect advice to be free, but if they have offered 3 months free then that shouldn't compromise the quality of the service at all. It's not about whats free and what price it is its all about the service. I was happy with the price because I thought I was going to get a bespoke service but the reality is proving to be different.
                    I agree, but bad service combined with the astronomical cost you're about to start paying, you should just get out now before you pay them in 1 month what you can pay someone else for 3 months

paying more for something doesn't necessarily mean it will be better, as you've discovered over the last 3 months

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      Blimey, what a rip off, can't wait for a Clearsky shill to join this thread and attempt to defend that....

NW gives you 95% of the top Clearsky package for a third of the price.
                      Are you with NW Stek? Do you know if they let you use their address as your registered office?

Comment

Working...
                      X