• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has Cater Allen changed the way to send one-time payments with a reference?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Cater Allen changed the way to send one-time payments with a reference?

Usually you were able to log online onto internet banking and send a one-time payment with a reference e.g. "Salary May 2015".

It seems now you have to go to Payees and manually change reference there for each individual one-time payment you have to make?

That seems quiet a pain if you have to expense 15 different things a month. Instead of making 15 one-time payments, you also have to edit the Payee 15 times.

looks like it, that is a bit irritating.

that being said, I don't expense 15 items a month, I batch a number together and maybe do it once or twice a month.

Comment

Did I see they were going to implement SMS tokens for transfers too?

Comment

Online PDF Bank Statement's is the thing they need to wake up to rather than sending one a month thru the post..

Comment

as long as they don't start charging i am generally ok though

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
            Did I see they were going to implement SMS tokens for transfers too?
            Lots of other banks do so it's no big deal.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just experienced this, very annoying! Lots of payees where you'll want to use a different reference each time (or switch back and forward between two, eg "salary"/"dividends" to owner's account), now much more of a pain to do so!

Comment

Yep, it does seem to be the case. As a few of you have mentioned, it's going to be a right pain in the a$$. As you say Maslins, we to need to change it for salary, dividends etc.

I have thought a few times about changing bank, as they're online offering isn't very good IMO.

Comment

I have multiple payments to the same account, Ie Salary/Divs/Expenses are 4 different payees on the one off payments screen to the same account.

It never occurred me to use the same payee each time and change the reference...

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
                    I have multiple payments to the same account, Ie Salary/Divs/Expenses are 4 different payees on the one off payments screen to the same account.

It never occurred me to use the same payee each time and change the reference...
                    but your stupidity solution is a good fix for the situation now! thanks!
                    Last edited by pr1; 3 August 2015, 12:39.

Comment

Working...
                    X