• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minimal Contract Template

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimal Contract Template

An old former client as asked me to dial into their system and do some one-off work which will take about 20 minutes. (Obviously this is fairly generous fixed rate work, not per hour!)

Agency handcuffs have long expired so I'm going direct. What sort of contract do I need for this so that:

1. My PI insurance is valid in case I mess things up.
    2. I'm not illegally accessing their systems.
    3. I can chase payment if needed afterwards.

There are various contract templates on the web but all geared towards much longer/larger engagements and seem needlessly verbose and legalistic for such a trivial bit of work. These would annoy both me and the client!

Any templates for the minimum "contract" I can get away with and still cover off the above?

Thanks!

Purchase Order with basic T&Cs on it, particularly about payment terms.

Get them to agree to that and that's pretty much all you need.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Agree with TF, you want a simple PO with a brief outline of the work and pricing and then your T&Cs with payment terms etc. attached separately (and, failing that, the client's T&Cs). Two pages, job done.

Comment

What they both said, keep it simple, short and to the point.

Comment

Working...
        X