• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats your views on Budget 2015?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your views on Budget 2015?

Like to hear the opinions from contractors.

Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
    Like to hear the opinions from contractors.
    Did I just hear PSCs with a sole director as the only employee no longer qualify for the NIC employment allowance?

Comment

Originally posted by 7specialgems View Post
      Did I just hear PSCs with a sole director as the only employee no longer qualify for the NIC employment allowance?
      You sure did!

Will be interesting to see exactly when it applies from, will it be backdated to the start of this tax year or just apply from 2016/17 onwards.

Martin
      Contratax Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by ContrataxLtd View Post
        You sure did!

Will be interesting to see exactly when it applies from, will it be backdated to the start of this tax year or just apply from 2016/17 onwards.

Martin
        Contratax Ltd
        Is this the £2k alowance we were "given" a few budgets back?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Is this the £2k alowance we were "given" a few budgets back?
          That exact one, although very few contractors will actually use all the £2k and if they do it's normally because they have staff so will still get it going forward I believe.

Comment

KUATB
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

We are firmly in the cross hair in this budget. I shall be reading the fallout from this in the next few days attentively and under no circumstances whatsoever will I ever again be working with the public sector.

Comment

If that's the rule with no extra fluff then I can see plenty of PSCs wanting to perhaps employ someone else on a zero hour contract, with no hours expected. Hey presto, two employees so you can claim.

I really wish they hadn't introduced the employment allowance in the first place. So much more faff than it's worth...and now they need to introduce further complexities because people were in their eyes abusing the initial system.

Drives me nuts, no wonder the tax system gets so complicated, as they're constantly introducing new crap, which they then get upset that some people use, so they need new "anti avoidance" rules to stop it being used...inevitably people find ways around that so yet more legislation is required. Massive waste of everyone's time, all chasing pennies.

#rantover

Comment

Starting to wonder if the NIC allowance was always intended as a trap that can be used in a data query to flag up PSCs and help compliance teams isolate targets for enquiries.

As has already been suggested, non PSCs go forward unaffected.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                    If that's the rule with no extra fluff then I can see plenty of PSCs wanting to perhaps employ someone else on a zero hour contract, with no hours expected. Hey presto, two employees so you can claim.

I really wish they hadn't introduced the employment allowance in the first place. So much more faff than it's worth...and now they need to introduce further complexities because people were in their eyes abusing the initial system.

Drives me nuts, no wonder the tax system gets so complicated, as they're constantly introducing new crap, which they then get upset that some people use, so they need new "anti avoidance" rules to stop it being used...inevitably people find ways around that so yet more legislation is required. Massive waste of everyone's time, all chasing pennies.

#rantover
                    They bring this rule in after making it difficult for PSC's to have muplitple employee's due to the Pension Auto Enrollment, its almost like the left hand is in fact talking to the right!
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X